Dynamics of Bridges
Periodic oscillation of bridges can be caused by pedestrians, motor vehicles, wind or earthquakes. There is a general tendency to design slender structures that conflicts with high loading. As a result, structural engineers have to deal more and more with dynamical problems to ensure the usability of a bridge and avoid fatigue damages.
Our services for the identification of dynamical characteristics of a bridge include:
- Eigenfrequency measurement
- Modal identification based on measurements
- Measurement to quantify the damping
- Lock-in effect test
- Dimensioning of vibration reduction systems
- FEM analysis of the structure
- Measurement of hanger and wire ropes
- Fatigue life assessment
You can find some references in our project rubric Bridges.